Tuesday, January 10, 2012

De-stigmatize protecting the environment

Despite my political aspirations, I haven't always been a particularly politically conscious person. As such, I don't know when making the environment a priority became a "left wing" issue rather than a "humanity" issue. I'm not sure whose fault it was -- no doubt, like most problems, it was the fault of both sides. In the end it hurts everyone equally, as our planet becoming uninhabitable leaves everyone equally dead.

We're already so screwed that Stephen Hawking, a guy that's no doubt smarter than you or me or anyone we know, says that the colonization of space is essential "to avoid disaster in the next hundred years." We're well beyond bickering over whether "being green" is part of the correct agenda. The clock is ticking. Saving our planet needs to be priority #1 for everyone.

(Hopefully by the time I take charge, this will no longer be necessary. Hope hope hope.)

No comments:

Post a Comment